|Title:||Pulpit Harbor Two Hundred Years: a history of Pulpit Harbor|
|Authors:||Seward E. Beacon|
|Number of pages:||148|
Inscribed to Walter Cronkite and signed by the author.
People owned land around Pulpit Harbor at lease as early as 1764 so there is over two hundred years of history to be accounted for. These years have witnessed a beginning with a few owners of large tracts of land; an influx of many new settlers with the accompanying breakup of the land into numerous, relatively small parcels; a populous and prosperous community with mills, fishing establishments and fishing boats, commerce and trade ,stores and post offices, church and schools; the decline of the community as the fish disappeared form the surrounding waters; and the founding and growth of the present summer community. . .